Analyst John Hudak to address group; Dozens of Promising Cannabis Companies Pitch Investors in ‘Shark-Tank’ Style Format
Los Angeles, Jan. 5, 2017 /Weed Wire/ — More than 200 high-net worth investors from around the world, eager to invest in the fastest growing industry in America will gather at Loews Hollywood Hotel for a two day “Shark Tank”-like pitch forum on Tuesday, January 17th and Wednesday, January 18th, hosted exclusively for members of The Arcview Investor Network. On Monday, January 16th investors and entrepreneurs participating in the event will get behind-the-scenes tours of cannabis businesses in Los Angeles. This event will be the first gathering of industry leaders and investors following the Senate confirmation hearings for proposed Attorney General and marijuana reform critic Jeff Sessions on January 10-11.
John Hudak, policy expert with the Brookings Institution and author of the new book Marijuana: A Short History, will deliver a keynote speech. Accredited investors will be reviewing pitches from more than a dozen companies who competed fiercely for the pitch slots out of a field of hundreds of applicants. Arcview is the top source of deal flow for the cannabis industry. It’s members have placed $91M into 135 companies.
In addition, the Executive Summary of the 5th State of Legal Marijuana Markets will be released at the event along with never before seen market projections.
- Who: Members of The Arcview Investor Network plus companies chosen to present
- What: Select media representatives will be invited to witness presentations from companies that have been successful at raising capital from this group and those who are hoping to attract investors at this meeting. Throughout the day, select reporters will be able to interview high net worth investors who have recently invested in the sector or are considering it, companies that have recently been funded, and elected officials that support legalization.
- When: Tuesday, January 17th and Wednesday, January 18th between 9:30AM – 4:00PM
- Where: Loews Hollywood Hotel, 1755 Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028
- How: Members of the media must apply for press credentials by emailing email@example.com
About The Arcview Group
Founded in 2010, The Arcview Group is responsible for a number of groundbreaking ventures in the cannabis industry. The Arcview Investor Network includes more than 600 accredited investors who have put more than $91 million behind 135 companies. Arcview Market Research publishes the State of Legal Marijuana Markets report, which is the most oft-cited market data report. In 2015 Arcview became a partner in Canopy, the first seed-stage mentor-driven business accelerator. Arcview is also co-founder of Cannasure Insurance Services, the leading provider of business insurance to the cannabis industry.
Abby Benjamin, Media Relations