Aurora Cannabis has launched the first ever “hostile” takeover of another ACMPR Licensed Producer of Medical Marijuana. Executive Vice President Cam Battley lays out the case for why CanniMed shareholders should tender their shares to the Aurora bid.
- This Is Why Arkansas Medical Marijuana Banking Will Become a Reality
- First-of-Its-Kind Medical Marijuana Certification Center Opens in Pittsburgh
- 5 Things to Know About the California Bureau of Cannabis Control
- Legal Weed Raked in an Insane Amount of Money in 2017
- Finance Ministers Revise Canadian Cannabis Tax Plan
In Ohio, more questions are being raised about the state’s medical marijuana licensing process as news emerged that one of the consultants hired to score applications had business ties with one of the applicants awarded a cultivation license.
While the initial Canadian cannabis tax framework was revealed on Nov. 10, 2017, provincial leaders and industry stakeholders renounced the proposed 50-50 split of cannabis taxes and so federal, provincial and territorial finance ministers went back to the drawing board, announcing the revised Canadian cannabis tax plan on Dec. 11.
With the Golden State poised to become the largest cannabis market in the world, California cannabis licenses are going to be a hot commodity and the rush to obtain them is already underway.