Chris Gromek, founder of Marijuanomics, was an active-duty United States Army artillery officer, commissioned from Tulane University in New Orleans. During his last year of service, he created the cannabis stock website Pot Stocks and sold it to Marijuana Investment Company (MJIC). After working with MJIC for a year, he moved to Oregon to become more involved in the budding industry.
- Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Legalization Initiative Makes 2018 Ballot
- #JusticeForJawara: Peter Tosh’s Son Beaten into Coma While Imprisoned for Cannabis
- SEC Calls Hemp Oil Fraud on Public Company
- The Very First Cannabis Stock ETF is Now in Bear-Market Territory
- Canadian Cannabis Stocks Could Be in Trouble With Health Canada Changes
On June 15, 2017, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission called hemp oil fraud on a public company, filing a complaint in federal court that claims CV Sciences (OTCQB:CVSI) , formerly known as CannaVEST, and its CEO, Michael Mona, Jr., intentionally overstated the company’s total assets.
Two online marijuana shipment businesses are under investigation by Denver’s Better Business Bureau. On June 15, 2017, the BBB announced that it was investigating Denver Marijuana and Denver Smoke Buds for illegally mailing marijuana, among other reasons.
A group of lawmakers reintroduced a bipartisan medical cannabis bill just days after a letter surfaced from Attorney General Jeff Sessions that asked Congress to let him prosecute medical cannabis users.