PORTLAND, Ore., June 21, 2016 /Weed Wire/ — The Oregon Liquor Control Commission will provide a series of workshops across the state of Oregon to provide recreational marijuana licensees and medical marijuana registrants information on new guidelines for recreational and medical marijuana packaging and labeling, as well as a pre-approval process and new electronic application system that will be available August 1, 2016.
Although the OLCC is responsible for regulating recreational marijuana in Oregon, it also pre-approves packages and labels for both recreational and medical marijuana products.
- OLCC is responsible for packaging requirements
- Oregon Health Authority is responsible for labeling requirements
- OLCC is responsible for managing the labeling and packaging submission and approval process
The new guidelines will require licensees to submit an online application and fee to the OLCC. Applicants using the online submission tool will be required to prove their packaging has been tested by a qualified third party testing firm and meets the required child resistant packaging standards.
The workshops will provide:
- An overview of the OLCC Recreational Marijuana Rules, including recent changes, and how the changes will affect existing packaging requirements
- A preview of new OHA Rules and possible implications for labeling requirements
- A step-by-step explanation of how to use the online application system
- Question and answer session
The workshops are scheduled in and registration is available for:
- Eugene on Monday, July 11, 2016 at 1 p.m.
- Ashland on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 9 a.m.
- Bend on Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 9 a.m.
- Portland on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 9 a.m. & 1 p.m.
The Portland workshops will be held at OLCC headquarters at 9079 SE McLoughlin Blvd., Portland, OR 97222. Locations for other cities will be announced at a later date.
Participants can register for the events here.
Prospective participants are encouraged to email packaging and labeling questions they would like answered at the workshops to: email@example.com