In this TED Talk, Physician David Casarett discusses how he was tired of hearing hype and half-truths around medical marijuana, so he put on his skeptic’s hat and investigated on his own. He comes back with a fascinating report on what we know and what we don’t — and what mainstream medicine could learn from the modern medical marijuana dispensary.
- Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Legalization Initiative Makes 2018 Ballot
- #JusticeForJawara: Peter Tosh’s Son Beaten into Coma While Imprisoned for Cannabis
- State Senate Approves PTSD for New York Medical Marijuana Program
- New Nevada Marijuana Laws Will Turn State into a Cannabis Destination
- Mexico Legalizes Marijuana for Research and Medicinal Purposes
The Pennsylvania medical marijuana program is getting closer to being operational. On June 20, 2017, the Pennsylvania Department of Health announced that it had issued 12 grower/processor permits, with the clock ticking on permittees to have their facilities operational within six months before they can start cultivating medical marijuana.
Oklahoma medical marijuana legalization may become a reality in 2018 as a legalization initiative has qualified for the state’s 2018 ballot.
Democratic lawmakers in the Garden State are making moves on a New Jersey recreational marijuana bill. On June 19, 2017, the state Senate Judiciary Committee held a formal hearing on S-3195, a bill that would legalize, tax and regulate recreational marijuana in the state.