With legalization of marijuana becoming more and more widespread across the United States, a formerly underground industry has been making its way into the larger world of legal business. Innovative Industrial Properties, Inc. (IIPR) is one of the latest and most notable companies focusing on marijuana to hit the markets, and the company had a fairly quiet IPO on Thursday, December 1. What makes IIP a standout compared with other marijuana-focused companies, and what should investors expect from this business?
- Bay Area Company Develops Test to Measure Marijuana Impairment
- Gallup Poll: 45 Percent of Americans Have Tried Marijuana
- First Look at Southern University Medical Cannabis Applicants
- Regulators Granted Budget Increase for Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program
- Cal Can Biz Expo Interview: MJIC’s Sturges Karban
On July 19, 2017, representatives from multiple federal agencies joined local officials in Colorado Springs to have a closed-door meeting on the effects of Colorado’s legal marijuana industry.
On July 18, 2017, the San Francisco Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to create the Office of Cannabis. Consisting of three employees, the new department will be responsible for approving permits for recreational cannabis dispensaries in the city.
On July 18, 2017, Gov. Chris Sununu signed House Bill 640, a New Hampshire marijuana decriminalization bill, reducing the penalty for those who possess small amounts of marijuana.