With legalization of marijuana becoming more and more widespread across the United States, a formerly underground industry has been making its way into the larger world of legal business. Innovative Industrial Properties, Inc. (IIPR) is one of the latest and most notable companies focusing on marijuana to hit the markets, and the company had a fairly quiet IPO on Thursday, December 1. What makes IIP a standout compared with other marijuana-focused companies, and what should investors expect from this business?
- Fourth Company Named as New Brunswick Recreational Cannabis Supplier
- Federal Judge Lets Illinois Girl Use Medical Marijuana at Public School
- Canadian Cannabis Company Scores Supply Deal With Eighth Province
- New York Governor Calls for Feasibility Study to Examine Legalizing Marijuana
- Multiple Oregon Cannabis Retailers Fail Latest Sting Operation
While central Oregon cannabis retailers passed the state’s sting operation on Dec. 19, 2017, with flying colors, retailers in the rest of the state didn’t fare as well in the latest sting operation.
During his campaign, governor-elect Phil Murphy voiced his support for marijuana legalization in his state of New Jersey. Though Murphy is not officially in office until next week, Sen. Nicholas Scutari has already made moves to fulfill Murphy’s campaign promise.
The outrage over United States Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ reversal of federal cannabis policy continues to grow, with a group of American mayors the latest to join the clarion call.