- Tulsi Gabbard Urges Congress to Pass Federal Decriminalization Bill
- Senator Wants California Legislature to Urge Trump to Reschedule Marijuana
- Illinois Legislators Introduce Recreational Marijuana Bills
- One Big Thing Opponents of Marijuana Warned About is Not Happening
- Florida Lawmakers: Medical Marijuana Bill Two Weeks Away
On March 9, 2017, the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies announced that Colorado Securities Commissioner Gerald Rome has ordered John W. Long, Jr., of Nederland, as well as his marijuana businesses, Green Farms Consulting and Green Farms Holdings, to cease and desist offering and selling unregistered securities.
Cannabis prohibition is remarkably similar to the prohibition of alcohol in the 1920s. On March 7, 2017, at the California Cannabis Business Expo in San Diego, Dr. Joshua Hartsel discussed the tremendous opportunity unfolding in California’s market in regards to extracts and other concentrate products.
The California Cannabis Business Expo wound down on March 8, closing with two panels at the Marijuana Investor Summit: one featuring the CEOs of three U.S. based firms active in the cannabis space; the other featuring four business and financial executives from Canada, who could speak to the state of the same industry in a very different legal and cultural context.