Gmail creator and Y Combinator partner, Paul Buccheit to address group
Former NFL superstar and cannabis entrepreneur Ricky Williams to lead group in yoga
OAKLAND, Calif., June 1, 2016 /Weed Wire/ — More than 200 high net worth investors from around the world eager to invest in the fastest growing industry in America will gather in Oakland, CA at the Oakland Marriott City Center for a two day Shark Tank-like pitch forum on Sunday, June 19th and Monday, June 20th, hosted exclusively for members of The Arcview Investor Network.
Accredited investors will be reviewing pitches from more than a dozen companies who competed fiercely for the pitch slots out of a field of hundreds of applicants. Gmail creator, Y Combinator partner, and cannabis legalization donor, Paul Buccheit will be delivering a keynote presentation and former NFL superstar Ricky WIlliams will be leading a yoga class for Arcview’s members.
- Who: The Arcview Investor Network
- What: Select media representatives will be invited to witness presentations from companies that have been successful at raising capital from this group and those who are hoping to attract investors at this meeting. Throughout the day, select reporters will be able to interview high net worth investors who have recently invested in the sector or are considering it, companies that have recently been funded, and elected officials that support legalization.
- When: Sunday, June 19th and Monday, June 20th from approximately 9:30AM – 4:00PM
- Where: Oakland Marriott City Center, 1001 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
- You must get prior approval and have press credentials to attend.
This year, Arcview Oakland is preceded by CanopyBoulder’s Oakland Demo Day on June 18th in the same location, the Marriott Oakland City Center. CanopyBoulder – the industry’s first business accelerator – is an intensive thirteen-week mentorship-driven seed stage investment program focused on products and services ancillary to the cannabis industry. On June 18th, Canopy’s third cohort of pioneering startups will present their innovative businesses. Immediately following Arcview Oakland, The National Cannabis Industry Association is hosting their Cannabis Business Summit June 20-22 in Oakland, CA.
About The Arcview Group
Founded in 2010, The Arcview Group is responsible for a number of groundbreaking ventures in the cannabis industry. The Arcview Investor Network includes more than 550 accredited investors who have put more than $73 million behind 116 companies. Arcview Market Research co-produces the State of Legal Marijuana Markets report with New Frontier, which is the most oft-cited market data report. In 2015 Arcview became a partner in CanopyBoulder, the first seed-stage mentor-driven business accelerator. Arcview is also co-founder of Cannasure Insurance Services, the leading provider of business insurance to the cannabis industry.