The big question on investors’ minds is what marijuana stock could be the next to move higher? While there’s no way of knowing with any certainty, one of the industry’s worst-performing stocks of late could actually turn out to be one of its best performers in the months to come. If just a single clinical trial works in favor of Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CARA), it could regain everything it’s recently lost and possibly hit a $1 billion market cap.
- Fourth Company Named as New Brunswick Recreational Cannabis Supplier
- Federal Judge Lets Illinois Girl Use Medical Marijuana at Public School
- Canadian Cannabis Company Scores Supply Deal With Eighth Province
- New York Governor Calls for Feasibility Study to Examine Legalizing Marijuana
- Multiple Oregon Cannabis Retailers Fail Latest Sting Operation
During his campaign, governor-elect Phil Murphy voiced his support for marijuana legalization in his state of New Jersey. Though Murphy is not officially in office until next week, Sen. Nicholas Scutari has already made moves to fulfill Murphy’s campaign promise.
The outrage over United States Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ reversal of federal cannabis policy continues to grow, with a group of American mayors the latest to join the clarion call.
The North American Marijuana Index, a stock index that tracks the top performing cannabis stocks in the U.S. and Canada, increased 61% in December.