If you’re hunting for marijuana stocks to add to your portfolio, it could be a good time to consider buying top pure-play marijuana stocks Canopy Growth, Aphria Inc., and GW Pharmaceuticals. Or if you’re looking for a less risky way to benefit from growing demand for marijuana, it might be smart to add Scotts Miracle-Gro or Constellation Brands to your holdings. Here’s why the marijuana market is so intriguing, and why these stocks are top marijuana stocks to own.
- Fourth Company Named as New Brunswick Recreational Cannabis Supplier
- Federal Judge Lets Illinois Girl Use Medical Marijuana at Public School
- Canadian Cannabis Company Scores Supply Deal With Eighth Province
- New York Governor Calls for Feasibility Study to Examine Legalizing Marijuana
- Multiple Oregon Cannabis Retailers Fail Latest Sting Operation
During his campaign, governor-elect Phil Murphy voiced his support for marijuana legalization in his state of New Jersey. Though Murphy is not officially in office until next week, Sen. Nicholas Scutari has already made moves to fulfill Murphy’s campaign promise.
The outrage over United States Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ reversal of federal cannabis policy continues to grow, with a group of American mayors the latest to join the clarion call.
The North American Marijuana Index, a stock index that tracks the top performing cannabis stocks in the U.S. and Canada, increased 61% in December.