The big question on investors’ minds is what marijuana stock could be the next to move higher? While there’s no way of knowing with any certainty, one of the industry’s worst-performing stocks of late could actually turn out to be one of its best performers in the months to come. If just a single clinical trial works in favor of Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CARA), it could regain everything it’s recently lost and possibly hit a $1 billion market cap.
- This Is Why Arkansas Medical Marijuana Banking Will Become a Reality
- First-of-Its-Kind Medical Marijuana Certification Center Opens in Pittsburgh
- 5 Things to Know About the California Bureau of Cannabis Control
- Legal Weed Raked in an Insane Amount of Money in 2017
- Finance Ministers Revise Canadian Cannabis Tax Plan
After gaining 15% in October, the Canadian market continued its rally as the Canadian Marijuana Index increased 52% in November, the largest single month increase since the index’s creation.
In Ohio, more questions are being raised about the state’s medical marijuana licensing process as news emerged that one of the consultants hired to score applications had business ties with one of the applicants awarded a cultivation license.
While the initial Canadian cannabis tax framework was revealed on Nov. 10, 2017, provincial leaders and industry stakeholders renounced the proposed 50-50 split of cannabis taxes and so federal, provincial and territorial finance ministers went back to the drawing board, announcing the revised Canadian cannabis tax plan on Dec. 11.