The big question on investors’ minds is what marijuana stock could be the next to move higher? While there’s no way of knowing with any certainty, one of the industry’s worst-performing stocks of late could actually turn out to be one of its best performers in the months to come. If just a single clinical trial works in favor of Cara Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CARA), it could regain everything it’s recently lost and possibly hit a $1 billion market cap.
- Doubts Raised Over Marijuana’s Medical Benefits
- Study Finds Alcohol is Worse for Your Brain Than Cannabis
- Here’s Why the Vermont Government Redirected Marijuana Program Revenue
- New Brunswick Cannabis Stores to Have Refined Design Elements
- Connecticut Lawmakers Vote on Starting Recreational Marijuana Discussions
The North American Marijuana Index, a stock index that tracks the top performing cannabis stocks in the U.S. and Canada, increased 18% in January.
The New Mexico Medical Cannabis Program started 2018 on a high note, with the most enrolled patients it has ever had. As the month of January came to an end, the program had 47,840 registered patients, a nearly 50% increase from January 2017.
Oregon’s cannabis market has been scrutinized over the past year and with the recent release of a state cannabis audit, scrutiny of the state’s cannabis tracking and licensing systems has intensified.